Monday, November 08, 2004

La vie est compliquée

Life is complicated.

It is filled with flying colors. It grants us vast of choices. And yet, people always seem to choose the highway. The safest route to success, to freedom. And in the end, perhaps people chose to be imprisoned in their own hesitation, rather than fly away and take the risk.

Why do people set up ground rules to restrict oh-so-many things? To make our own lives miserable knowing we will never have the option to be reckless and happy? Why do we care so much about losing everything? Or has the society cornered us all with the notion that we all have to live under certain boundaries, under certain standard to be well-accepted?

A recent event startled me, and totally woke up all my senses.

The life I lived before the big bang was interesting, in such a way that it kept me save. For some time. But then, something changed and all of the sudden my life was not safe anymore. I did not agree to the fact that we should put off all our desires once they are not met and that we should bow to (again) the ground rules. But who am I to judge? I was no more than a common person, trying to relive my happiness in the past. If possible, trying to grow it even more.

And I gave in. You know what’s really funny about it? I did get my desires. I did soar to higher places all the while I’m trying to fit in. Again, I represent the risk averse people trying to be happy. I represent the commoners. But it doesn’t matter. Not at all, really. Because I got what I want, and more: security.

Come to think of it, life is not as complicated as I once thought it would be. We just play along in this great big ploy. And try our best not to get hurt during the tough scenes. And we’ll be alright.

Won’t we?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home