Monday, November 01, 2004

Time

It’s no gold, nor is it gemstone. Yet, it is the most precious treasure of all.

I remember I once promised to give my time to someone.
Time was all we needed.
I had to bail out of that promise. Because in the end, I didn’t have it.

No, I didn’t have time.
Not for yet another waiting in vain.
Not for yet another uncertainty.

And now, I might have to be the jerk, again, to ask for more treasure than I could possibly bargain for, than for anyone could ever possess.

Now I have to be the bitch and do the least thing I desire.
To be a nagging, whining, and whinging person to claim my so-called “rights”.

What are my rights, really?
One hundred percent undivided attention?
Now, come on. Who deserves that, really?
Even God Almighty, who asked for His people to pray to Him 24 times a day had to face a tough bargain and had to settle for 5 prayers a day. And even that we still complain that it’s TOO much. That it takes up TOO much of our Time.

Time.
By far the one rare commodity that is not recyclable, not unlimited.
The one thing that even the richest person on earth still run out of.
The one thing that no great human being can argue to lack of the more they gain age.
The one thing even the number one racer in the whole wide world cannot beat.

They say “Time heals all pain” or “Time will answer”.
Do you believe in that?

Well, I do.
I mean, I have to.
Because everything leads to that.
Everything points to that direction, to force us to believe in the great power “Time” has.

It either let you succumb or let you survive.
It’s all your call.

And looking back I now think my “rights” are way too overstated.
No one gives away their time. They simply prioritize in their time management.

And I no longer have the right to demand more of the time I’m not granted.

If only it hurts less to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home