Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Chameleon?

Fair skinned mixed middle eastern-oriental, 26-28ish, well built, good looking. Navy and black shirts, basketball shorts. Personality varies, depends on his friends. A bit vacant look.

Pale mixed oriental-native 25-27ish, well built, a bit too dressy, model face. White, grey, sometimes black sleeveless shirts, shorts, and a pair of orange shoes. Too into his looks to pay attention to what’s between the ears.

Oriental 23-25ish, bookish look, glasses, cute, muscular. White shirts and knee length pants. Young, smart.

Native 26, bookish, glasses, sharp eyes, really pleasant looking but not too eye catching, well built. Grey Reebok shirt, grey shorts. Mature, very smart, nice and pleasant personality, great sense of humor, knowledgeable and strong willed.




If you were to choose among all four guys, which would you prefer?
These are the four categories of men I meet at the gym. Well, I only picked those that are nice to the eyes. I've categorized them into several groups.

Some would pick the friendship person, some would fall for the model handsome guy, and some likes the attractive cute bookish guy. But my personal pick would fall to candidate number 4. Yes, it’s just in my nature to fall for really smart and fun guys. Because to me, that character alone could turn an okay looking guy into one irresistible guy.

Someone said though, that she likes the first guy better. Maybe she’s just against the number 4 guy, I don’t know. My first response would be that the guy does not strike me as an intelligent person. That was my first reaction.

I know I don’t have the right to pass judgment, but now really, is it safe to stereotype?

Can we generally infer from all the four categories that the first is the kind who does not have his own opinion on things, whose interests comprise of any other interests that his friends have (or in other words, not having his own opinions). Now, someone said that I've overlooked things, and that perhaps he may be indeed someone with high social life, and that it’s his character to be swayed by his friends. It simply means that the guy is a “chameleon”.

Hmm…
What is a chameleon, really?

Does it really mean that you are the kind of person who would easily change your mind, or does it simply mean that you’re someone who’s “gaul”? (that’s my friend’s term for it)

Now, what is “gaul”, then?

Does it mean someone who knows the latest trends in fashion, or by definition someone who jumps from one club to another, still dancing to the wee hours, someone who is only “fun” with liquor and cigarette around?


I don’t know. But I hardly think that’s what they are about.

To me being a chameleon means simply to be able to adapt to your environment quickly, and not feel awkward being in the crowd, although he or she may prefer the quiet instead. Someone who can mingle with others, friendly to everyone, without forgetting his or her own principles.

And to me, “gaul” means someone who’s knowledgeable, knows a lot of interesting people who can really carry good conversations, someone who keeps his or her good friends, someone very literate.


But I don’t know.
I guess that’s just me. Then again, it’s all relative.

Now, if you were to pick the real chameleon, which person would you choose?

I’d definitely still stick to guy #4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home