Monday, January 24, 2005

Karma

What is “Karma”?
Some belief? Or is it a real thing?


I didn’t believe in Karma.
Until one day, it changed my life completely.

The sky was blue that day.
And the sun still shines brightly when we were brisk walking at the pedestrian.
It was blazing and I couldn’t help but think, what if, the sun just disappear once in a while. What if, we could have one cool and breezy morning.

My wish was granted.
The clouds moved closer together, inching towards each other, blocking the sun.
I thought, “What a nice change. Let’s see how long this cool breezy could last. One or two minutes should do.”

Nope.
It lasted longer.
Much longer.

Try five hours.

The first one minute was quite enjoyable. I never liked the cold. I prefer slightly warm weather. But the scorching heat was unbearable, and it was actually nice not to see the sun for a while.

The second minute was still okay, but I was beginning to feel a bit uncomfortable, since it was soon very windy. The wind blew harder than usual.

The third minute up to the 300th was very uncomfortable. I just realized, it turned out, I didn’t really enjoy the change. I had to hold my breath because otherwise, strong wind will blow up from beneath me, lifting my skirt (this is probably what Bruce Almighty might do), forcing me to squint my eyes, because otherwise, sand will fly right into my eyes, forcing me to tighten my jacket.

After 5 hours, I decided I'm not gonna like the new weather. It’s just not for me.
After 5 hours, I realized I was sentenced with Karma.

And now, I like the old weather better.
It suits me fine…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home