Thursday, November 25, 2004

MARUFUKU

Hmm…..
Full tummy. Japanese food.
Thankful as I am, I still have some complaints about the lunch.
Am I that bad?

Eating out is not only for satisfying the stomach, but the heart too.
I was full. So full. Yet I am NOT content.
Especially not since everyone was so vile towards each other.
Is that “togetherness” that we for so long have been cheering for?
Or is it just too many people wanting to be heard at the same time, all the while not wanting to listen to others?

Humans. The nature of which includes the basic needs of socializing.
But is it socializing when people pick on someone so helpless (and choose not to defend himself from the mockery of others) in front of his colleagues, feeling so freely to promote the filthy habit and invite more people - stupid and mean enough to participate in the event - along?
Is it socializing when we undermine people and mock them as if nothing happened and play innocent and act as if we ourselves were the most perfect human being compared to other we considered “less fortunate” or by definition less bitchy?
Is it socializing when instead of thanking the one person acting as your sponsor, you corner him with all the rubbish and gang up on him as if he did nothing and as if you were the one person who makes everything happen for everyone else around you?

Am I that bad for restraining myself? Am I that bad for not wanting to get dragged down by the horrible people at work who have got nothing better to do than say bad things about others?

Funny is a funny word. It does not mean a general thing. Something funny for someone may be humiliating to others. One’s mishap can be hilarious to someone else.
But I know that funny does not mean to force a smile and pretend you’re doing okay when your blood is boiling.

Maybe to some particular people at work, funny means when he/she can laugh at someone and make him wish for death sentence than being punished with utter humiliation in front of his own supervisor, and especially in front of his subordinate.

I’d rather be a complete unsocial than be amongst those bitches.
I’d rather sit at the corner of the table, laughing at my own jokes, and gather with the “less famous” people than sit next to the loudest person in the room, giving out fake laughs when she mocks my dear boss in front of me, for something not even remotely related to work, and pretend that she was just being “funny” while deep down inside I just want to rip her mouth for being such a bitch.

Maybe I’m just being a brat. Maybe I’m just being a spoiled girl. Maybe I’m being irrational. Maybe I’m just not showing my gratitude.
Or maybe I’m just being a perfectly sane and normal person who has a certain amount of patience and when it runs out, I just want to scream my lungs out.

Please help me out, give me strength. I need it. A whole damn LOT.

1 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Kikie said...

what happened?

Is Kepala Besar in action during lunch today?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home