Thursday, May 19, 2005

Envy Vanity

What is it with people and their relentless comments on others?


The truth is, each and every one individual has this urge to throw comments, to pass judgments on others.
But why is it that some of us hold ourselves so hard not to do it while others don’t?

Why is it that every time we have the chance to mock others, our tongue is loose?
And why is it that every time we’re supposed to look within, our eyes just went completely blind?

I happen to have both in my shoes.

And I'm tempted.
Honestly.

I'm no perfect person.
I know I'm even far from sufficient.
And I make the most horrible mistake by thinking that I am better. Than the rest of the less fortunate. For thinking that they got “there” by pure luck or foul play.
(And by “less fortunate” I don’t mean those who are faced with poverty or those physically challenged, by “less fortunate” I mean those who are not smart – by my standard)

Now it’s eating me alive.
Remember the goblins?
I am now one myself.

After a while, now I have to take the bitter pill not to let these scheming little temptations run my mind.
Now I have to submit to this unyielding doubt.

“Do I have the right to say all these things?”


I wish I can escape this mental prison.

Now I understand why “envy” –like “vanity”- is a deadly sin…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home